Make and bake fresh bread with us!
Get hands on with local bakers and learn how to work the dough, and to shape and decorate your own mai tokoch, a local Uighur-style bread round. Then, watch as a local baker arranges the dough rounds insides a traditional tandyr (clay, wood-fired oven) and bakes it all to perfection. Finally, enjoy a hearty breakfast with bread straight from the oven served with kaimak (local sour cream), homemade jams and tea. This activity is great for adults and kids. We guarantee you a breakfast experience you’ll never forget!
- Learn how to shape, decorate and bake mai tockoch, a traditional Uighur bread popular in Karakol.
- Watch the master bakers at work and peek inside a traditional tandyr, a style of clay, wood-fired oven used for centuries.
- Enjoy your own bread for breakfast, hot from the oven, served with kaimak (traditional sour cream), homemade jams and tea. Delicious!
1.5 Hours | From 400 KGS*
- English-speaking guide
- Breakfast with tea, jams and
freshly prepared bread
Not Included in Price:
- Soda, juice, or alcoholic beverages
The tour is for small groups (4-10 people) who are interested to learn about local bakery and take part in unique bread baking process.
After the tour you will be served a traditional local tea with freshly baked bread with sour cream. This activity is great for adults and kids.
Discover fascinating wood-fired oven and take a bite of fresh bread with us!
Tour Location and Meeting Point
This bread-making workshop takes place in one of the local bakeries at Madanur Hotel, Toktogul Street 201, Karakol