Uigur Bread-Baking Class
Make and bake fresh bread with us!
Learn about all the various types of flatbreads of Central Asia. Chat with local bakers, then join them to make and decorate your own bread to be placed in the tandoor, a clay oven that has been used for centuries. Once the loaves are ready, enjoy a delicious breakfast with our homemade bread and local jams, honey, and fresh cream. This experience is well-suited for both adults and children and it’s a breakfast you will never forget!
- Learn how to shape, decorate and bake mai tockoch, a traditional Uighur bread popular in Karakol.
- Watch the master bakers at work and peek inside a traditional tandyr, a style of clay, wood-fired oven used for centuries.
- Enjoy your own bread for breakfast, hot from the oven, served with kaimak (traditional sour cream), homemade jams and tea. Delicious!
1.5 Hours | From 1 600 KGS*
This tour is offered by Madanur Hotel. As a member of Destination Karakol, this business is actively invested in promoting tourism and community development in Karakol and the surrounding region.
- Master class on cooking national bread
- Breakfast with tea, several types of jam, and freshly baked bread
Not Included in Price:
- Juices or alcoholic drink
- English speaking guide
*English-speaking guide services can be organized upon request for an additional price:
- English speaking guide - 500 KG
The tour is for small groups (4-10 people) who are interested to learn about local bakery and take part in unique bread baking process.
After the tour you will be served a traditional local tea with freshly baked bread with sour cream. This activity is great for adults and kids.
Discover fascinating wood-fired oven and take a bite of fresh bread with us!
Tour Location and Meeting Point
This bread-making workshop takes place in one of the local bakeries at Madanur Hotel, Toktogul Street 201, Karakol