Explore the winter beauty of Kyrgyzstan's Terskey Ala-Too mountains on this loop tour around Issyk-Kol lake. Enjoy short hikes through red-rock canyons above the deep shimmering blue waters of Issyk Kol, explore idyllic wintry villages surrounded by forested slopes (with options to extend the tour for snowshoe hikes or ski days), sleep in a heated yurt tent high in the mountains underneath an unimaginably starry sky, and paddle a kayak across the still waters of Karakol Bay towards a horizon of snow-capped peaks. For keen photographers and travellers who want to see Kyrgyzstan in a new light, this tour is the perfect option to experience it all in short order.
- Combine unique cultural experiences and beautiful mountain landscapes with trips to local hot springs and rarely-visited viewpoints.
- Experience the diversity of the Issyk-Kol region's landscapes, from snowy pine forests to ruddy deserts and everything in between.
- Pack in the highlights of Issyk-Kol in the off-season, visiting all the most famous sites and scenery of the area with hardly another visitor in sight.
*Vegetarian menus are available upon request. Please inform of food allergies at the time of booking.
5 days | Groups from 2 people
This tour is offered by Visit Karakol Tour Company. As a member of Destination Karakol, this business is actively invested in promoting tourism and community development in Karakol and the surrounding region.
What is included:
- Food during the tour (*Except as noted in itinerary)
- Cultural and outdoor activities
- Karakol Nature Reserve fees
Any expenses not included in the itinerary
All prices are subject to change without prior notice due to currency fluctuation, fuel prices and/or unforeseen economic circumstances.
- Price - 27,000 som per person.
Prices for an individual and private tour:
- 2 person - 79560 som
- 4 person - 110520 som
- 6 person - 185880 som (2 cars)
- 8 person - 216840 som (2 cars)
- 10 person - 247800 som (2 cars)
- Meals (except for some points indicated in the program)
- Transport on four-wheel drive cars Toyota Sequoia
- Accommodation 4 nights in a guesthouse, yurt camp and Green Yard hotel
- Hogo Dungan Dinner
- Ak-Suu Kench hot springs
- Guided kayaking and all the equipment you need
- Payment to Karakol National Park
Price not include:
- Skis and ski pass at the ski base
- Breakfast and dinner in Bishkek, lunch at the Karakol base
- Other non-program related expenses
What you should bring: warm winter clothes + ski suit, hat, gloves, sunscreen and glasses, slippers, swimsuit, towel, bathroom accessories, flashlight).