Challenging Conquest of Tian-Shan Mountains
- Visit the picturesque Jeti-Oguz and Yrdyk valleys
- Completely wild area with no tourists at all
- Enjoy resting in wild hot springs in Takyr-Tor
- Dinner and home-stay in shepherds family
- Biking to Echkilitash area
- Take a city-tour in Bishkek city
11 days | June - September
This tour is offered by Visit Karakol Tour Company. As a member of Destination Karakol, this business is actively invested in promoting tourism and community development in Karakol and the surrounding region.
- 1 person - soon USD
- 2 person - soon USD
- 3 person - soon USD
- English speaking guide (middle level)
- Cook and porters (number of porters same as number of clients
- Full board 11B, 11L, 11D
- Equipment: 1 tent for 2 person (single accommodation is available upon request for extra payment), mats and table equipment
- Accommodation in guesthouse or yurt in Altyn-Arashan
- Hot springs
- Payment to Karakol National Park
- Fresh food delivery to Karakol National Park
- Sleeping bags (If you don't have then you can rent from us for 3$ per day)
- Sleeping bag up to -5 C
- Good trekking boots with high proper ankle support and good thread. Extra shoes or pair of sandals, in case if main became wet during the rain and etc.
- Waterproof rain jacket and trousers
- Warm closes and extra closes to exchange
- Hat and cap, sun glasess, high factor sun cream
- Daypack 40-50 litters and rain cover. It is also good idea to line your daypack with a quality plastic bag
- Bottle for water
- Quick drying towel
- First aid kit, if you have some disease
- Walking sticks
- Insect repellants (for lower elevations)
- Water purification tables or a water filter (more details in Notes)
- Some Diamox pills against potential altitude sickness (if you don’t have altitude adaptation)
- Pocket knife
While on a trek, you are in the wild to enjoy the nature and the thrill of it. Its very important that you stay healthy and do not take ill on the trek to have a joyful experience in the wild. Water is important during trekking, we are providing boiled water or tea/coffee during breakfast, lunch, dinner, however boiling the water is limited, and it is not enough if you will need to fill up your bottles for next day. Water can be a cause of stomach problems on a trek. On the other hand, you need to drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Water in some hills are also the source of water for animals and wild animals on the higher area. Always fetch water from running streams. The faster the better. Stagnant water has high risk of bearing pathogens, irrespective of the cold surrounding. Whereas, as fast gushing water has very low chances of bearing pathogens in it. It even has less particulate materials. You will be able to fill up water from natural springs, it’s the best as it acts as a natural filter and has very less chances of having particles in it. Local people same as a lot of tourist don't have a problems to drink water from the source, however if you are not sure please bring water cleaning pills with you for the trek from your homeland. You will not be able to find water cleaning pills in Kyrgyzstan.
LUGGAGE ON TOUR
- Main Baggage:
The item of luggage used to carry all your belongings in the hold of the plane and used to store all of the items you don't need on trek. This can be left behind at the group hotel used prior to the trek.
- Luggage to the porters:
Almost all of our standard programs designed for not too long hikes, usually 4 to 8 days. We are providing as default 1 porter to 1 person, which carry 15 kg, that weight including food, tents, cooking staff and private things of clients, usually around 3-5kg first days. Everyday weight of food dicreasing and you will have possibility to give extra weight to the porter. You can order extra porter, if you having some big weight items as camera with lens, special equipment and etc. You will need to pay extra 30 euro per porter per day.
40-50 liters recommended. During the course of a trekking day, you do not have access to the luggage, which is being carried for you by the porters. In mountain region, the weather can change very fast and you must be equipped for this eventuality. Your day sac should therefore be large enough to carry waterproofs, fleece jacket, long trousers (if walking in shorts), warm hat and gloves, sun cap, sun cream, water bottle and other staff which you need during the trek. On a few occasions, it is also necessary to carry your own packed lunch.
You need to have a good level of fitness and previous trekking experience is recommended. Trekking days are generally longer, challenging and at higher altitudes up to 3800 meters. Terrain may be difficult and ascents and descents are often demanding, especially during rain or snow.
Travel insurance is NOT included. We recommend that clients have their own travel insurance against illness, injury, loss/damage to personal belongings. In case of emergency our staff will make all the best to delivery you to hospital or other point and solve your problem, insurance will cover your charges, if you don't have insurance, you will be required to cover charges by yourself.
Breakfast: consist some of following dishes: Porridge, omelet, omelet with fried sausages, pancakes, scrambled eggs with sausage, boiled eggs and etc + bread, jam, butter, honey, sweets, tea/coffee. Lunch boxes or lunch: Dried fruits, chocolate, yogurt, juice, cheese, sandwich, vegetables/fruits and tea/coffee. Dinner: Our cooks is preparing european and asian cuisine You need to let us know if you are vegetarian or have some preferences, so we will be able to make special menu for you.
Service of local staff is included to the program; however, it is polite to tip to local staff if the service has been very good. Also at your discretion, you might also consider tipping your tour manager in appreciation of the efficiency and service you receive.